↑ Return to Home

History

Formerly known as Ruxie Lake it was renamed Emerald for its clean, beautiful, spring fed water. In the 1920’s the Royal Municipality #465 applied to the Department of Natural Tourism for the lease on Emerald Lake. In the 1930’s this lease was turned over to the Avebury Community Club. By as early as 1932 the club noted a substantial increase in the use of the resort. They recorded 30 to 40 campers spending the entire summer. In the 1950’s the lease for Emerald Lake Resort was turned over to the Leask Branch of the Canadian Legion. In 1968 the Leask Legion turned the lease over to President Hector Duncan and Secretary C.E. Harris and Emerald Lake became a Regional Park.